You can only attend courses or exams for which you have a valid booking. This includes access to the course materials, such as the course manual and recordings. Register online via the Student Portal
during the designated booking windows
. The Student Portal will alert you when a booking window is open.
As from 1 June of each year, you can book your courses for the entire year.
By already registering in advance, you reduce the chance of not being able to participate in a course. Booking courses and exams is your responsability, make sure you do not miss a booking deadline.Exemptions to the rule
The first period of the first year (Bachelor and all Masters) will be booked by the Education Office. This does not include any resits later in the year.
You have to book all courses, practicals, skill trainings and exams and resits that you will be taking in this academic year. See the course overview for the courses of your programme.
- Caveat: the booking interface may also show you courses from different study years or other programmes, which you do not need to take.
|2022-2023 Modules or exams that you need to book:|
|1 - All courses, practicals |
and skill trainings.
• A course booking always includes the first exam. You do not need to book the first exam separately.See art. 4.2 of the Education and Examination Regulation for details.
• A course booking does not include the corresponding practicals. You also need to book those modules yourself.
• As from 1 June 2020, you can book your courses for the entire year. By already registering for the entire year, you reduce the chance of not being able to participate in a course.
• Third-year Bachelor students (also those who take electives at another faculty in the Netherlands or abroad): for period 1 you need to book
Skills V, the corresponding practicals Portfolio and Quick Career Advice, and of course the modules in period 4, 5 and 6.
• Courses that have entrance requirements can only be booked once the entrance requirement has been satisfied. Courses with entrance requirements are: Portfolio Practicals, Research Practical PSY2027/IPN2027, Statistics I
III PSY3008/IPN3008, and Psychodiagnostics PSYPN3109/IPN3109.
• See below for courses where your preference matters, such as 'Discover Psychology', 'Action' and 'Psychodiagnostics'.
• The booking interface may also show you courses from different study years or other programmes, which you do not need to take.
• 1-year Master Work & Organisational Psychology: make sure to book Research Methods PSY4094, Professional Skills PSY4096 and Activity Report PSY4097.
2 - "Takes Exam Only'-
• Most courses offer two exam opportunities per academic year: a first exam directly
after the course, and a resit later in the year.
Both exam opportunities are open to students who still need to pass the exam, but already
have fullfiled the attendance requirement.
For the exam right after the course, select the 'takes exam only' option while booking the course .
This will register you for the exam only, giving you access to the current course materials.
The repeat education sessions might help you to prepare for the exam.
|3 - Resits you|
want to take
• For each first exam, there is a second exam (resit) later in the year.
To register for any resit, use the exam registration window of the period
in which the resit takes place.
See the exam schedule for the exact dates, times and locations of resits.
What not to book
Certain courses will be booked by Education Office. If you book one of these modules yourself, this is not a problem and the module does not need to be cancelled.
| 2022-2023 Modules that will be booked by the Education Office:|
Year 1: All modules in Period 0 and Period 1 (excluding resits)
Elective courses at FPN (year 3) including any resits
Thesis PSY3014 / IPN3014
Proefpersoonverplichting / Experimental Obligation PSY3442 / IPN3442
Any information sessions PSY5555/PSY5556/PSY5557
|Master in Psychology:|
All modules in period 0 and 1
Academic Skills PSY4075
Research Internship PSY4076/PSY4077/PSY4078/PSY4079/PSY4086/PSY4087
Master's Thesis PSY4091/PSY4099/PSY4082
Research Proposal PSY4074/PSY4080 (NP)/PSY4093 (WOP)
Profession Skills & Activity Report PSY4096/PSY4097 (WOP)
Clinical Internship PSY4083
Clinical Supervision PSY4084
Clinical Activities Report PSY4085
Any information sessions PSY6000
Year 1: All modules in period 0 and 1
Research Grant Writing Workshop PSY4114
Research Internship PSY5120/PSY5121/PSY5122/PSY5123
Research Proposal PSY5107/PSY5108
Master's Thesis PSY5103/PSY5109
Clinical Internship PSY5104/PSY5111
Minor's Thesis PSY5105
Any information sessions PSY7000
|Master Forensic Psychology:|
Year 1: All modules in period 0 and 1
Research Internship PSY5609/PSY5612
Clinical Internship PSY5604
Master's Thesis PSY5603
Research Proposal PSY5607
Clinical Activities Report PSY5606
Professional Reflections & Observations PSY5611
Any information sessions PSY8000
|Master Mental Health:|
All modules will be booked by the Education Office
|International Joint Master of Research in Work and Organizational Psychology||All modules will be booked by the Education Office|
Courses where your preference matters
Some parts of the curriculum require you to make a choice. In most cases, you need to book the selected course(s) yourself.
|2022-2023 Courses where your preference matters:|
To be booked by you:
To be booked by the Education office:
- In year 1: book one option for 'Discover Psychology' (PSY1029/IPN1029), after information session in P1.
- PSY1029A/IPN1029A Psychology in Society
- PSY1029B/IPN1029B Meet your Brain
- PSY1029C/IPN1029C Drugs and the Brain
- PSY1029D/IPN1029D Mind your Body
- In year 3: Choose your practical for the course 'Action'.
- For "PSY3155/IPN3155 Group Decisions": book this practical together with and "PSY3012A/IPN3012A Action"
- For ''PSY/IPN3156 Neuronal basis of decision making ': book this practical and 'PSY3012B/IPN3012B Action"
- In year 3: choose your practical for the course 'Psychodiagnostics'.
- For ''PSY3157/IPN3157 Constructing a Psychological Test": book this practical and "PSY3109A/IPN3109A Psychodiagnostics",
- For ''PSY3158/IPN3158 The diagnostic Cycle": book this practical and "PSY3109B/IPN3109B Psychodiagnostics"
- In year 3: Elective courses at FPN
- PSY4156 Course Elective, PSY4157 Review Elective PSY4158 Research Elective: book these via the electives coordinator. See Electives.
About the Information Sessions
In your timetable you might see a module called ‘Information Session’. Information sessions are planned to give information about diverse topics related to your studies such as internships, electives or MARBLE programme. The sessions will be added to the schedule when appropriate. The module is visible on your Academic Work but has no influence on the study results.
The 'Information Session' appears in My Timetable with the codes PSY5555, PSY5556, PSY5557 (Bachelor), PSY6000 (Masters), PSY7000 (Research Master), PSY8000 (Master Forensic Psychology). The Education Office books these sessions for you.
See this video:
SSC: Booking manuals (Where to click) for students
Academic calendar & course descriptions
Please contact the Education Office
if you have questions about course or exam registration. Report any technical problems when trying to register immediatly. If you report a problem after the booking window has expired, the token regulation
will be applied.