Seen an interesting course or minor at an other Dutch University? That's also possible. It might require some paperwork. Request permission at least six week beforehand.
FPN finances the course or minor if you are a student who pays the statutory tuition fee for your UM programme.
Some students are so invested in a topic that they find a perfect fitting minor or elective at an other university. FPN will approve these courses if they meet the following (general) requirements:
- The elective should be at the level of second year bachelor or higher
- Content should not overlap or only minimally with mandatory courses of the FPN bachelor program
- Content should be related to the objectives of the FPN bachelor program
FPN finances the course or minor if you are a student who pays the statutory tuition fee for your UM programme. If you pay the higher institutional tuition fee, for example as a 'contract student', payment is something you have to arrange with the host institution.
Application stepsSend a request for approval to the FPN Board of Examiners least 6 weeks before the course starts. You will receive a response from the FPN Board of Examiners within 4 weeks after the request.
Mention that you request approval to take elective(s) at another university in the Netherlands, and provide the following information:
- Host university (Name and City)
- Course code and title
- Course description (in English or Dutch, or a link to an English description on the web)
- Course level
- Number of ECTS
- Start and end dates of the course
TImeline and deadlines
Request permission at least six week in advance. See 'application steps' for more information.
Attendance obligation and AssessmentBoth are determined by the host university. You are responsible for passing on the study results to the Examination Administration Office at FPN.