Compensation rules in the Bachelor
In the Bachelor, it is possible to compensate a fail for one course with a pass for another course (OER art. 5.1 lid d, Dutch) under certain conditions:
- A fail grade of no less than a 5 can be compensated by a pass of 8 or higher for another course. You will receive the study points (ECTS) for the compensated course, but the fail grade will not be changed. You can only use a high grade for compensation once.
- A module can only be compensated when the module that serves as compensation has the same (or more) credits
- The statistics courses (Methoden en Technieken, Statistiek I, II and III), skills, the research practical, Psychodiagnostiek, electives and the bachelor thesis cannot be compensated and cannot be used for compensation.
No compensation in the Masters programmes
There are no compensation options for any of the FPN Master programmes.
Apply for the compensation via the online form.
• Once a compensation request has been entered, it cannot be changed or cancelled.
• When your request is approved, the compensation will be registered within 10 working days.
• The original grades will not change, the insufficient grade will show the addition ‘compensation’, and credits will be awarded. You can check this in your result transcript in My UM.